NEWS RELEASE 09-16
Endurance Gold Corporation (EDG - TSX.V) provides the following exploration update since closing its financing on September 14, 2009.
On its 100% owned Natrona Gold Project claims, located in the Rattlesnake Hills area of Wyoming, the following work has been completed;
- Two additional claims staked on breccia zones discovered during reconnaissance mapping immediately northeast of the BC Claim Block (the BCN Claims)
- 8.3 Line kilometres of grid completed on the BC and BCN claim blocks, and a total of 275 soils collected and in lab.
- 6.8 Line-kilometres of grid completed on the TMS claim block, and 129 soils collected and in lab.
- 7.2 line-kilometres of grid completed on the UTN claim block, and 133 soil samples collected and in lab.
- Grid work and soil sampling in progress on the TM and STP claim blocks (an additional 10.1 line kilometres of grid and soils)
- Detailed geological mapping of the breccia zone on the STP claims completed -- 72 rock samples in transit to lab.
- Quantec Geophysics contracted to complete 15.1 line-kilometres of CSAMT (Controlled Source Audio-Magneto Tellurics) on BC, BCN and TMS Claim blocks. The crew is scheduled to mobilize to the property this week.
Local weather conditions in the Rattlesnake Hills area have been difficult, with extensive early snow and freezing temperatures. However, the Company expects to be able to complete the soils and geophysical work prior to the full onset of winter conditions.
On the Nechako Property, located 90 kilometres west of Quesnel in central British Columbia, the Company plans to complete a 1 to 3 hole, 500 metre diamond drilling program, commencing in mid-October. One deep hole (of up to 500 metres) will test a stratigraphic section of flat lying Skeena Group Cretaceous sediments within which Lac Minerals defined widespread low grade gold mineralization in the 1980's, with drill intercepts to 0.61 gpt gold over 64 metres. The deep hole will evaluate a possible lower conglomerate horizon, below Lac Hole DDH 86-01, within which the last 18.8 metres of the hole ran an arithmetic average of 0.448 gpt over 18.3 metres. A drill section illustrating the proposed drilling will be posted on our web-site for reference. The Nechako Property is currently owned 69.4% by Endurance Gold Corporation, and 30.6% by Amarc Resources Ltd.
The company is in the process of up-dating its web-site. That work should be completed immediately after the Nechako drilling program, in late October.
Endurance currently has in excess of $600,000 in the treasury, and looks forward to advancing its Natrona and Nechako projects in a timely manner. The company also owns;
- a 25% interest in the Dogpaw Property (Metals Creek Exploration 75%), located in the Kenora area of Ontario, on which both Endurance and Metals Creek have defined significant zones of surface gold mineralization;
- a 100% interest in the Pardo Property, located in the Sudbury Mining Division, and which has been optioned to Ginguro Exploration Inc. who must make cash payments totaling $450,000 and complete exploration expenditures totaling $2 Million to earn a 70% interest in the property;
- a 100% interest in the Turner, Hutton and Parkin Township properties in Ontario, that are all analogous to Pardo, which hosts widespread significant gold mineralization in Proterozoic ages basal quartz pebble conglomerates,
- a 100% interest in the BQ Endurance and Annie Properties, located in the Smithers region of British Columbia and representing early stage gold and silver exploration projects respectively;
- an Option to Lease the Carter Coal metallurgical coal project, located in McDowell County, West Virginia.
Duncan McIvor, P. Geo, is the Qualified Person as defined by National Instrument 43-101, and is responsible for the content of this news release.
ENDURANCE GOLD CORPORATION
President and Chief Executive Officer
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release. This news release may contain forward looking statements based on assumptions and judgments of management regarding future events or results that may prove to be inaccurate as a result of factors beyond its control, and actual results may differ materially from the expected results.